Saturday, January 31, 2009

HUMOR IS WHAT WE NEEDED


Humor is what I got!
I have to admit I am used to seeing dogs tied up outside but not cats I do not care to see dogs chained up but this is over the top to me. I would have loved to take more pictures but John told me to hurry up he did not want to get shot.
This is how this happened... We were looking for a house that was to be rented. The ad said a bit out in the country...listen, it was way out there! The churches in this area had outhouses and the larger one had the rest rooms in a block building outside. The countryside was beautiful! The creek running bu the road was called "Naked Creek". The ice and snow was still at places and was so untouched by man. We were on the way in when I saw this....I giggled and than thought I did not see that. It must have been dogs and just one cat was on top of the box...I told John who was looking the other way and could tell he thought I slipped a cog! The house was way up the side of a mountain off a dirt road that was so scary to drive. We passed signs that were handmade that said things like "We shoot trespassers" or "Turn around here at own risk" or
"your life is in my hands if you trespass" . After these warnings I knew I did not want to live there. Let's just say the house was interesting on the outside. THE VIEW WAS GREAT.
But it looked like it would fall off the side of the mountain. So we headed down. As we came up on the "cat yard" I asked John to slow down. He did and I snapped this picture. These cats were on leashes and were sitting on their boxes or in their boxes. This would give PETA a real cause! These cats were what we called "barn cats" on the farm. Now let me say this....cats are not made to be tied up!
By the time I took the picture John was in stitches...he laughed so hard I thought he best pull off the road but than why? The road was not traveled much at all. When I downloaded it on my computer he had a fit again and thought maybe this person was potty training them..see the outhouse on the picture? Your guess is as good as mine!
We did not find a house but we had a fun afternoon and God knew we needed that!

1 comment:

  1. OH,MY! Since I've been sick, I was behind on your blog and all your news, so I've been catching up. This is unbelievable... Can I send people to your blog to see the photo or may I send them just to the photo?? My dog club would howl. (pun intended LOL)

    ReplyDelete