Sunday, February 1, 2009

SUNDAY

It is so hard to update right now…
Mom has a good day and I am pleased but the next she is so mixed up. Like yesterday… I called her 10AM to see if she wanted me to bring anything. She was hot under the collar because it was 10 at night and I had not been there all day. I explained to her it was morning but she had it set in her mind it was not. I went on in and she was still mixed up.
She also was slurring and fell off to sleep in a moment.

I called her again at 2 and asked what she would eat. She said it was late in the night and to eat them would be wrong. So again I went in…the same story. The nurses said all day they had to tell her it was day and the curtains were open and the sun was shining.

I called again at 8 and gave up even reasoning with her….she said it was than 8AM and her breakfast was late. She claimed they had not brought meals all day.

Today was a bit better except that someone was on her roof all night throwing chunks of something at her window. They said she called them about this for a good part of the night. Than she felt there was a party in the hall and they were laughing at her. I asked how many were out there and she said at least a dozen. Than she will answer the phone and talk sense to whoever calls. It baffles them and me too.

Tonight there were voices in me and she was quite upset…I tried to be funny and said sometimes I feel like I hear voices and she got upset…. so I told her I was teasing and than she said she was mad at me. I left that slide…. Let’s see she scrubbed the floor of her room today and the walls. Something’s never change because she is a cleaning machine.

I took her V8 juice tonight and she like it but said it was nasty. Lorraine, I may need to join the Murphy girls…One thing she loved was I found her Bridge mix (chocolate covered peanuts, raisins ect. and she was one happy camper. Ruby, I told her that was from you and Carl. I explained you sent a gift and we were using it for special times. She said thanks.

As for eating she takes 2 bites of things on her plate if any and than wants no more. They feel the doctor will be worried tomorrow.

John is applying at the Massanutten Ski Resort tomorrow
http://www.massresort.com/

We went there last night to see it and were amazed. We watched the skiers on the artificial slopes for a long time. They need a maintenance tech at the resort and he would love that! So keep praying. Thn we took a long drive in the country. I love this area!

Maybe I will have more to report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment