Saturday, February 21, 2009

MOM IS FEELING SICK

This is the front of our home. John will have lots of fun with these flowerbeds! He already is planning what to do.

We visited mom yesterday. She was not having a good day at all. Some of the problems are due to an consistant upset stomach. She also had blood pressure problems. Those things seemed to get her "down in the dumps". I encouraged her to lay down and that seemed to help. She did pick up when I dialed Uncle Harold on the cell phone. She napped while I sewed and than Mary Zook came in for a visit. She almost comes daily and mom enjoys her. I guess I was there about 3 hours while John shopped for paint and lumber. He brought Sparky in and as usual mom loved that visit and enjoyed him laying at her feet.

My cousin Dave Shearer and Drew stopped by for a bit before they did some night snow skiing here at the resort. That was a treat for both of us.

Today mom has a cold and her blood pressure is even higher. It is over 220 but was coming down a bit. I felt she needed rest and no visits and so we are working here at the house. We took a drive because it is such a beautiful day.

I just called mom's nurse and her blood pressure is still a bit of a problem. They have increased the meds 2 times and she said it seems to be holding its own. But the doctor wants to see what may be making it go up. I think if they give her anti-anxiety meds again they will see it go back down. She is in a state of mind and thinks they are keeping her there forever. The sore throat is going around there so they will be checking on that because she had not told them about it.

I guess it is time for super....I will be making Tilapia fish fried in panko crumbs and crab cakes, sweet potato fries and a vegetable. I am enjoying cooking again.

PRAY:
Mom dos not get this cold bug
Her blood pressure goes down
She will be able to come and see the house on Friday with the caseworker.
Job for John

PRAISE:
Friends and family and their prayers.
I am feeling better
Nature all around me!

2 comments:

  1. Yum'O!!! Please share your recipe on the fish and how do you do sweet potatoe fries? Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a dummy. LOL! Also, am I to understand that your mother has Lewy Body Dementia (LBD)? I ask because my mother does, too, and I belong to the BEST on-line group of care-givers such as yourself and our loved ones (LO's) all have dementia. I help caregive for my mom and this group has been a life saver for me and VERY informative. Would you like me to have the moderator send you an invite to join the group? Sincerely, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Here is my e-mail address: KickButtBooks@aol.com

    ReplyDelete