Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I THINK I WILL MAKE IT!




I took these 2 pictures from our bedroom window. It is so peaceful to look out and see nature all around us. I always had a dream of having a cabin in the woods....God is so good!
The move was a very hard one. We left here Tuesday. It was a good trip back to Georgia. But we had to get right to work. We gave ourselves 2 days to pack up all our stuff. Our friend there did hire 2 men for us to help pack and load. It was work from sun-up until way into the night. I will tell you this...it was like Heaven to get into our Comfort Sleep Number Bed after over a month in a hotel and that hard bed!
I did find time to have lunch with Crystal. It was so good to see her again. I will miss her so much! The hardest part of this move is leaving the kids all in Georgia. As a mother I want to be close to them and watch the grand kids grow. I dread to think they may forget me.....
We were packed up by Thursday around midnight and John decided he wanted to pull out that night and drive until he was too tired. We were all hitched up to the auto transport by 2AM and left. John decided he was going to drive straight through since the truck was so large and we had the transport. We knew the mountains we had to cross were expecting high winds late Friday.
I confess I did sleep a lot and felt worse and worse. We arrived here in Harrisonburg about 3 in the afternoon and came out to the house to leave the truck and unload the car.
Friday night it was evident I was fighting some ugly bug and on Sat. morning I did not want to budge. I came along to the house but did very little with the fever I had. My cousin Beth has such fine sons and they worked hard to get us unloaded. Drew came back the next day to help John get our 2 huge sofas into the house and they did it! Their help was so appreciated!
It is a peaceful and wonderful house and as soon as we get some serious work done I will post pictures. If I had to be sick than I am glad it is here. I can look out and simply relax.
I have gotten the kitchen unpacked and all the antique dishes in their places. The bedroom is 3/4 done. For me this is so slow. But I cannot get over this cough and I am so wiped out. I know my immune system was down with all the stress. I have mom on my mind, made a major move and know life will not be the same when she comes home.
I have only seen her once this week. John has taken my place. I did not want to get her sick nor did I want to get the stomach flu that is going around the home. We are going in this evening to see her and have a nice supper at Outback. A dear friend send us a gift card and tonight I finally feel like I can enjoy it.
Mom is trying hard and is walking. She wants to get out of there really bad. The confusion is bad at times. Earlier this week she was the best we had seen her since surgery. But yesterday and today on the phone she was agitated and confused. She complains of workman working outside her room in the courtyard all night or children playing out there all night. Of course neither is happening at all. She also felt they were throwing things at the TV screen the last part of the night. I have found it is useless to try to explain those things are not real. She knows she is confused at times and that causes her great pain. Those times I leave and have a good cry.
Friday a week we will have a home visit for them to see if the place is ready for mom. We have to paint her room. John has to build a walkway for her to come around to the back where he can make a ramp for her to come into the house. Her bathroom needs painting and made ready for her also. Today John bought her a adjustable bed. (not an hospital bed) As I am writing this he is buying the paint and lumber for the projects.
PRAY:
Mom continues to try.
Her new UTI will be gone.
Her stomach stays upset and so she does not eat. She did not eat any lunch today except for pudding. The drinking still is not happening.
My fears will cease. As many of you know mom and I have had a rocky road. We love each other but are so different and at times it scares me. But I know this is what am to do and John and I want to give her a home.
A job for John.
PRAISE:
We have a house and it is becoming a home.
Safety in all our travels.
Nature all around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment