Tuesday, January 27, 2009

YESTERDAY and now the FLU




This picture is about how I feel! I am so torn between what needs to be done. As I sat in the car and saw this split I remembered God does have a sense of humor.... He knows how I feel before I can express it and sometimes He does put it in my path clearly.....

We met with 6 of the ladies that work with mom. I want to boil down the hour meeting to these few things.
The goal for all of us is to have her be able to dress herself. Maybe use the bathroom...at least walk to the bathroom with her walker with me present. To feed herself which is going fair. They are having her journal because she can get words down on paper when alone. Her memory loss seems to be with words and their meanings. She is confused by dressing herself (it takes 15 minutes to do the top alone). She cannot understand the other new things they introduce her to. They feel this will take 3-4 weeks. By that we need to have a house and John a job. This is a hard place to be. We have to pack up in LaGrange too.
Today we have snow and so John felt he needed to take me to the Wal-Mart for some shoes for mom. She cannot tie shoes at all. She also needed socks. We went to VMRC to give them to her.
She has something going on.... throwing up and diarrhea. So the nurse said to poke my head in and say hi. She than told me this adds some problems for mom. She cannot lose any more weight. I will here from the doctor tomorrow.

She also has been throwing up thick phlegm.... That scares me too. She said it is best if I call mom tonight but stay away. I agree as John also has a sore throat and aches all over.
This is indeed a roller coaster ride!

PRAY:
Mom recovers from this flu (?)

Mom tries harder. They say she just digs in her feet and stops. She tells them I will do all for so they need not train her. Ouch!

John feels better.

The interview for today was changed to Friday at 2:00. Maybe this will be a job!
I settle down inside. I feel like a person without a home.
PRAISE:
I LOVE THE SNOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment