Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ANOTHER CURVE HAS UP CONCERNED

Mom was waiting for me.
They have left the tray from breakfast and lunch on her table for me....She had not eaten ONE bite.She took 2 sips, if that, of one protein shake and non of the other. I had a fit!

They offered her soup, a sandwich and she said no.Than the doctor came in.....his eyes said it all. I am not sure where our Vit D levels are to be but he says he worries when it is 20 in a woman mom's age. Hers is 8. He says he has to give her mega dose each day for 10 days and than a dose once a week. How she can take that I do not know.

Than he was also upset she was not eating. I said I was upset at the weight loss of 13-14 pounds. He said no, before the flu she was down 16 pounds. Now it is more he is sure. So he is increasing the marijuana pill....so we will see.He took me in the hall and told me he is worried when he looks at the whole picture. The good thing is that she is trying in therapy and so they can keep her. The protein is not any better and not the iron either. She Has to eat!

I am feeling funny in my stomach now....I do not want this bug!

2 comments:

  1. (((((Donna)))))
    I am praying for you both!
    Love,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Catherine....this has becaome a real puzzle to me and a lesson in eating properly!

    ReplyDelete