Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Update

This sure is a roller coaster...they have had to give mom double nerve pills and now doubled the anti anxiety meds.
She will not relax for them at all. She does sleep but they told me just a bit ago that when she is awake she
Is upset at not knowing what is happening to her, where she will live, will she ever be the same, why is she so
Mixed up and she told them she was depressed and mixed up before dad died. She says she can hide it
Well. That is sure the truth depending on who calls her. I am taken back to caring for John’s mom and I see the same thing.
She could pull it together for a visit or call but not on the whole.

She chatted very good with Uncle Harold’s today but when John and I got there she was all confused again. Since I had talked to
Uncle Harold after the call I could tell her some of the conversation and she wanted me to write it down. I notice she likes
To read the cards and notes I make. We have a small notebook and she keeps the visitors down there. When I go to see her I
Review them with her.

Tonight a lady came with a dear friend Mary Zook and brought mom a prayer shawl for the ladies of Parkview Mennonite
Church. It is knitted and has shades of purple in it and it looks nice. She was pleased with that. I took the pink grapefruit she
and I picked before leaving Florida and she is sharing them with friends. Today at Goodwill I spent 1.00 on a new “My Utmost for His Highest”
and I read one to her and that calmed her also.

This will be a slow week for me..the 15th seems so far away and than we may not have all the answers. Pray for us. I miss home.

On a lighter side I was at a old bookstore and found one of Christmas Carol Kauffman’s book I have never read. It is “Danny Of Cedar Cliffs”.
I have read all the rest and am hunting for them. Grandma read some of them to me as a kid. She read “Lucy Winchester”, “Hidden Rainbow”,
“Light from Heaven” to mention a few.

Today we took a road trip out into the country around Dayton and went to the Dayton Farmers Market. We did not spend a dime but it
Was good to get out…the huge farms and quaint communities I just love, not to mention the mountains. I relaxed. Than we went back to see
Mom and see if I could encourage her to eat.as she is not eating much. Today I took some strawberry Danish Pudding that I made to her
And added some wonderful fresh strawberries and she ate that. I am going to make a soup tomorrow and see if that will work for her.

John just made appetizers for our supper so I am going to join him.

Pray:
****1. she will eat.
*** 2. She will learn to relax
***3. She will look at the bright side.
***4. Mend in spite of the brittle bones
***5. A job for John***6. Wisdom to know where we need to be and mom also.

1 comment:

  1. I pray for you,John and your mum just now.
    I see the pain and struggle family has to watch their mum and dad suffering fron
    m dementia....
    Food or special drinks with a lot of protein helps for the healing of the bones esp when their intake get's less.Ask the hospital if she can get those drinks....
    Take care Donna
    GB Bernice

    Ps do you want us at "fill Your cup" praying for you?If you like to you can put this blog in the prayer request section

    ReplyDelete