Monday, April 11, 2011

A THRIST QUENCHER AND TREASURES

It is a cloudy day in Georgia. They say we may have storms tonight. I hope it is not a repeat of last week. That was one mean storm we had! We are to have some bad ones tonight.
 I love to read blogs and I saw a wonderful idea for water. I want you all to check out Marmee's
 http://marmeespantry.blogspot.com/2011/04/easy-refreshing-thirst-quencher.html
I saw the Thirst Quencher and thought....I am getting up and making that right away. I love oranges and I love Rosemary so I sure would like the combination. So here is what I did:

I went out and picked some Rosemary and sliced a orange and put that in my favorite depression glass pitcher. I was getting ready for a tea time with John (mom refused to come out) and set it on my favorite Antique sideboard that came from my great Aunties. John came in and asked what it was and I talked him into trying it and he also felt it was refreshing. His other comment was that it looked so pretty and he thought my presentation made him want to try it.....OK that is fine with me but I just set it there to wipe the table. That is our secret.
The clock you see is a antique John was given when his father passed away. It came down in the Godfrey family and was traced back to a relative that was a sea Captain out of Savannah, Georgia. He kept it in his  Captains Quarter in the ship.It is called "Art And Commerce" and made by Ansonia. John treasures this clock
 One of my treasures is the blue cup and saucer. It came from my precious Grandma Shearer. It does not have a handle.The one behind it does not have a handle either and I think it came from my Aunties. Here is a close up of the blue one. And no....the handle is not broken off.
 It is very dainty and although I would love to use it I don't because I am afraid it will break. 
 It has been a long day. I started this early this morning and went with John today to get mulch and see my friend. I just made another pitcher of  Rosemary and Orange water for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos. What elegant items! And what treasures of loved ones. Thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete