Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Perfect Day for A Walk

                 "Expect to have hope rekindled.  Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways.
                  The dry seasons in life do not last.  The spring rains will come again." 
                                                     ~Sarah Ban Breathnach
 We were asked by our neighbor to watch their 3 small dogs this week-end. I had to go over by eight this morning to let them out and feed them. This is the picture that met me this morning as I pulled up the shade. I love our dogwood tree and it is so full of blooms. The birds were singing and the squirrels were scampering about and I stopped and thanked the Lord for all the nature He gave us to enjoy. He wants us to stop and enjoy and lift our hands and hearts to Him with all the praise we can muster. That is our thanks to Him.




 I took this as I came home this evening. I love the shadows on the blooms. You see one of the many projects John is working on. This was some sort of parking area and he wants it to be all grass and friends can all pull around to the back of the mobile home. Remember this summer when we bought this place the yard was weeds head high. I appreciate all the hard work John has done.




 This just came up wild and this is the first I saw blooms on it. Anyone know what this is? I know the butterflies love the blooms! They just would not allow me to take their pictures.....wonder why?
 I love wild violets. As a child I would find a patch of them and sit down and pick a hand full and hurry home to put them in a vase. My grandma loved them and I would take her some in the spring. During this move my antique cup and saucers disappeared. That still hurts! I had about 8 different ones and a tea pot. But they are in my memory and that is what counts.
 Our neighbor has these around his mobile home but they do not know what they are called. Maybe one of you can tell me this too.
I found a big patch of these too. The pink is so pretty.

 My seeds are coming up and some are doing good. I hope we can soon put the out in the garden. I have tomatoes, hot peppers, Brussel Sprouts, and herbs are growing each day. I have some raised beds with arugula, cabbage, broccoli, Chinese broccoli, 2 types of lettuce, onions, garlic, spinach and rosemary. I soon can cut some arugula and lettuce and I am excited about that. I am seeing with the price of groceries I need to put up as much as we can grow.
 I have some ideas to keep me using my blog more. So check back soon.

2 comments:

  1. The tree is BEAUTIFUL! Looks like the perfect walk to start the new week too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blooms! Love the dogwood. Starting to see signs of Spring here, can't wait! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete