Sunday, April 17, 2011

THINGS I LIVE TO HAVE IN MY PANTRY AND FRIDGE

 This is our favorite coffee. I was one happy camper when I found this at a Discount Grocery Store. When we lived in Atlanta we would go to Harry's Market and but German coffee. There we paid top dollar for it but I learned it worked for John and I because it has low acid from a unique processing they do. This is a quote I found about this coffee: "Dallmayr coffee is good for people with coffee/stomach sensitivities". We have found this to be true.
 After we moved away I was never successful in finding any German coffee and I would have to have 2 cups of coffee but now that we found it again I can enjoy the third cup. If you all can find this coffee you will find a unique smooth cup that starts the day in a wonderful way.
 If you want a strong robust cup of coffee that this French Roast is for you. I make a pot of this every now and than because I have to be honest and say sometimes I need a jolt in the morning and this will do it! After the storms on Friday night that kept us up until after 2:30 I was up at my regular time and as dawn broke I was sipping on a cup of this wonderful French Roast and I soon was wide awake. This is a very bold but yet smooth cup of coffee.

If you are a tea lover that I will share my favorites with you.

  I like a cup of Earl Grey Tea with a sprig of mint on a rainy afternoon. I do not use any kind of sweetner in any of my teas. I want to taste the tea only. Some time ago I found this tea has health benefits. You can see some at this site:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/572963/health_benefits_of_earl_grey_tea.html?cat=68

 Recently a friend gave me a few bags of  Tea forte' teas. This was a new brand to me and I am impressed. I love the lemon sorbetti. I love the citrus taste that seems to have a sweet taste. I am ready to try more. Check out all they offer here.
http://www.teaforte.com/store/gourmet-tea/ 

I am sure all of you that drink tea know how wonderful Stash Teas are and my favorite are Licorice Spice and Lemon Ginger. Both of these are herbal teas and I love the have several cups of tea in the afternoon.
My favorite mint tea comes from Trader Joe's and I want this in the evening before bed.

I like a treat with my mid afternoon tea and this is a very special treat on a cracker on in a stalk of crisp celery.


  The first here is raw and unsalted but it is still a wonderful taste. My favorite is the creamy and salted Almond Butter. I have had almond butter from many stores but by far Trader Joe's is my favorite. To be honest Trader Joe's is my favorite store. When we lived in Midtown Atlanta we had one close by and I did most of my grocery shopping there. If you have never been to a Trader Joe's you are missing a wonderful store that is affordable and yet good with a selection that will surprise you. This Friday we are going to visit Trader Joe's and I am so excited! I have to tell you this....
" *All Products In The Trader Joe's Label Promise:
NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
NO genetically modified ingredients
NO MSG
NO added Trans Fats"Here you will see if any are close to you. Make sure you check out the recipes!
http://www.traderjoes.com/

  This General's Sauce is another "best" from Trader Joe's.  John loves General's Chicken when we eat at any Chinese Restaurant. But with this sauce and my panko crumb chicken and great rice we do not need to eat out anymore. I get wonderful rice and the best panko crumbs at Trader Joe's too. Can you tell I love this place?
 These products are a must in my fridge.
 I love to cook with hers and these allow me to do that. No how much I try when I buy these fresh it seems like some always goes to waste. With this I have fresh for 3 months. They are gluten free and are grown without pesticides or herbicides.
This site will give you GREAT recipes and lots of information on each product. You can sigh up free. I spend a lot of time there and make some great food by combining several just to our likes. One I plan to make is the
Italian Sausage & Potato Strata with Basil & Oregano. I am adding some of the chili for a bit of pop!
http://www.gourmetgarden.com/us/homes/

1 comment:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more blessings

    ReplyDelete