Monday, March 16, 2009

Today was a tough day

Mom has been moved to the Mental Health Unit. They hope to help her come off the large amounts of meds and see just why all the confusion. I visited her at lunch and she was very confused. She told the doctor that she was 97. Than she told us that grandma had been sneaking in to give her meds. They asked her if her mother was alive and she did not know.....that I said remember mom, that grandma died on Black Monday.....and she came right back with November 2......but later she told us her mother was there......Betty Ebersole is giving her meds and snuck her there......than she told the doctor I lived in Pa and drove all night to get to her.....so you see things are not right.......

Her lungs are not clear today and so they have put her back on the IV to get more antibiotics and this will be for several days.

She is not eating. For lunch I got her to eat a few pieces of cantaloupe and tonight she would not eat at all...

We just got back form the evening visit. She was in a fidgety mood and glad to see us.....She told me Louie Ebersole build the building she is in and they are allowing her to be there but she wants to come home to Elizabethtown. She mentioned several ladies that are nurses and drive to care for her each day but they all were from Elizabethtown.

She does make sense often but has there times she lapses into her own world.

One lady that visited mom told me she was back to her old self and I was so happy only to be told by the doctor she was so confused all day. I have been questioned why I have her there and I know this person thinks she is fine. But we know she is not. The doctors told me this was the only way to keep her in for observation and to get her off many of her pills and than to find what she needs. As I said she had good minutes and if you catch her than she may sound OK but as the nurse says it is the short term memory that is so messed up.

I so want my mom home.....I just lost dad and seeing her slipping away is so very hard on me. It hurts.

PRAY:
Mom can rest tonight.

The infection will not go to pneumonia.

Her mind may clear

For wisdom for her doctors.

Job for John.

PRAISE:

John is a rock to me....

Friends that remember a card means the world to me right now.

A sweet aunt that sent a "Caregiver's Journal" to me....and it helps!

Books a friend sent that take me away for a bit.

Love of God.....How rich and Pure and such a comfort to me. I know that with God I can do whatever I have to....I am willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment